In Russia, some companies have made the choice to delocalise their assets outside of Moscow so that it is cost effective. It seems that employees also like it. Could this be considered in France where everything is still so focused on Paris even though it is widely spoken about how to energize the provinces? I wonder and hope so much for this. How can you keep going for long with 2 societies in one country, one who has access to culture, transports, health, sport and one who has a second class schooling system, bad health treatments reaching the levels of the UK in terms of attendance at A&E ?? this is of course a general comment and cannot apply 100% to every single city in France but is very much so in the villages and towns.russie.pdf
that’s it. I am back!
It would be unfair to make a statement based on 3 days spent working in Tel Aviv. However, my impressions are :
– climate is just wonderful, it has no price to enjoy blue sky, plenty of light and sea view, this is when I realize how much the grey sky and lack of light affects me here
– food in the mediterranean is almost the same everywhere, it is good for me as I enjoy kebab and hummus, I had a diet based on warak einab, hummus, babaganoush, and kebab for the week! I did not see that many fruit and veg around I must say
– people are hospitable, they really want to change the image of the country to a nicer one, which is true. Their culture and history makes them sound bold and aggressive, once you go through this, it is ok but their pace of voice can sound a bit sharp sometimes for us used to diplomatic approach at all times!
overall, I enjoyed it, I must come again and visit the country, it looks lovely and there is so much to see.
I just felt I was only seeing one side of the coin, I must all sorts of Jewish people from so many countries (Iraq, Romania, France, Belgium, US, Argentina, Uruguay, Russia, Uzbekistan) but no Arabs, no non jewish even 76% of the Israelis are Jewish, where were the 24% left?
I am considering renting my house to friends and contacts for short breaks and holidays, would you be so kind to have a look through this document and let me know your feedback. Would you rent it? do you think this is bookable by any one of you?
I look forward to your comments
I am hoping to take a week off for myself in early March and would love to go to a spa, I am hesitating between Brides les Bains in France, the hotel Miramar in Port Crouesty and the Sofitel Quiberon, anyone has feedback on this?
I am also wondering why the Sofitel is twice as expensive as the others, is it so much more?
2 days and we will be over Christmas, I always have this strange feeling. End of November, all seems very dark and quiet, gradually, I can see the houses lighting up and Santa Claus climbing the facades. The last week before Christmas is all about running around with a check list to get the gifts, the food, the turkey and the drinks. The houses are all decorated, light is everywhere.
From the 26th, all seems back to normal, grey, people even take off the decorations straight away. In Brussels, the townhall takes away the christmas trees on the 2nd which I find very sad, the 3 kings come on the 6th so to me, it is a nice period of the year that we should make as nice and long as possible to brighten up this cold and dark season : from 1st Advent Sunday to after the 3 kings is nice or no?
Reading Femmes d’Aujourd’hui over the week end, I found this nice article about their top 10 panorama in the world http://www.femmesdaujourdhui.be/femmes/loisirs-et-culture/9025/albums-photos/album-5442/photo-127240/evasion-les-10-plus-beaux-panoramas-du-monde.html?#photo
It reminded me about many experiences as the top 3 listed are
– Valle de la Luna en Atacama – Chile, by far, my favorite travel so far, I found this moment unique, the silence, the colors, the light, the sunset, everything was peaceful and the people seemed so fulfilled up there even though their daily life is not spoiled
– Great wall of China – of course a beauty even though I felt stressed out by the grey stones, and the crowd all around
– Banff in Canada : a great time for me, the trees, the altitude, the lakes, I saw this in the winter by -38° and would not mind a summer view
– on my to do list, remain the Lofoten, definitely something I would love to achieve once
Today, Paris for one day. First thing : I really like the new Thalys style with those pink red and purple colors, very nice and comfy but it can look dirty very quickly, on the way back I had a feeling the seats had not been cleaned for the whole day I was not too happy with Paris though as I walked through the underground and streets, people seemed sad and grumpy, on the edge of being aggressive, it is bad for such a beautiful city to have sad people, maybe the crisis is hitting harder than they say… I had also forgotten about how fond of the Parisians are about brands, I had a sandwich lunch with clients, those were average BUT at least they were coming in a lovely package with a name and that, believe me, was making the difference! Lol