Japan has so much to offer when it comes to food. I have 2 friends visiting currently for 2 weeks and both of them never eat raw food nor seafood. I thought this might be a challenge but we are reaching the end of the 2 weeks and we have not finished yet our wishlist. this is endless and always so delicious, oisshiii!!
I took them for lunch on a couple of occasions, restaurants are a commodity here and you can get a set lunch for JPY750 to JPY900 easily and that will always include a bowl of rice, pickles, a bowl of miso soup and the main dish, sometimes a fruit portion, it is excellent value, almost always good and healthy at all times
fancy a karaoke night? here is a view
you come, you pay, you choose your package that includes size of room and duration required, percussions, and off you go. you can rent costumes if you wish to
Drinks include all sorts of tapioca drinks, very fun and unusual for me.
Once in the room, you choose from the tablet the kind of music, and it displays on the screen. it is fun and easy going
really yummy place in Roppongi – right next to Midtown shopping mall, the place is called Uoshin Nogizaka. the atmosphere is like an izakaya and they provide a lot of different fishes and seafood in a great atmosphere
2nd floor is smoking area. prices are ok, menu is in Japanese, there is a limited simple English version but the fun is to choose randomly
excellent address – make sure you book in advance as it is packed Monday to Sunday steadily
fancy a matchi mochi?? delicious!!
Thank you Zeynep for sharing and detailing your experience. very useful!
- Hotel Mielparque: very nice and cool hotel, comfortable, 3mn walk from Shin-Osaka station (shinkansen)
- FP Hotel: also very good hotel, with large rooms, the area is not the nicest but has excellent connections (1mn walk from JR Shin-Imamiya and 3 min from metro Doobutsuenmae)
- Via Inn Hotel Umeda: this hotel only opened in Late July 2017, breakfast included in the rate, very good location at the end of the 1st shopping arcade within the Osaka Station, Umeda station (exit on the side of Hankyu building)
- Holiday Inn Namba to be in the heart of the Namba area
- I really enjoy staying at ANA Crowne Plaza in the heart of the Dojima area, plenty of restaurants, izakaya, sushi bars
- for the unique luxury experience, no doubt I would go to InterContinental, the rooms are amazing, vast, bright, beautiful bathroom, but also they have a Japanese bath area and a real gym
Japanese people have a fascination to strawberries. the season is in May,june but there is an unofficial season from December to February as it is very trendy to have them for the end of the year celebrations and Valentine’s day
restaurants launch strawberry festival, strawberry high tea menu, all sorts
When Okinawa became Japanese in full again, in 1974, it was the economic boom, airlines were growing fast, so as mentioned in a previous post, ANA and JAL picked up great locations and built up hotels on the island, launching the boom of domestic tourism to the islands.
I stayed at the ANA InterContinental on Manza Beach, wonderful location, 31 ha of activities, gardens, swimming pools, a private beach, boats, sailing, it is a unique resort.