Here is the 2nd largest city in Japan, in fact, you cannot really see the limit between Tokyo and Yokohama as they both grew so big that it is now a huge metropolis.
Door-to-door, it takes me an hour to go there. Many metro lines in Tokyo become suburb train lines and quite a few go to Yokohama, I usually take the Namboku metro line that continues to it.
Yokohama is know for
- the shopping malls
- the bay
- the amusement park in Minato Mirail
- the stadium for large events
It is closer to Haneda than Tokyo is for most areas.
Here is the 2nd largest city in Japan. Both Tokyo and Yokohama have grown so big that they are attached now. Door-to-door, it takes me 1h15 to go to Minatomirail where the amusement park is, the large Queen’s mall. It is a nice day out on the seaside, overlooking the Yokohama bay
Japan is the country for technology and robots!! Pepper is now in many hotels working as a wonderful, efficient and friendly concierge!!
So far, I take this situation as an opportunity to keep calm and silent most of the time and work on myself! Nobody understands me and I understand nobody and it makes me laugh!
For example, so far, I cannot make the difference between an add in my mailbox for a restaurant delivery service and the electricity bill, all are colourful and written in full Japanese. Ordering food at a restaurant can be challenging since in most cases I cannot read the menu. So I have overcome the challenge with
- Going to small family restaurants with 10 seats because there is no menu and you get what there is that day. In Japan, it is always good and clean, so why bother
- Going to restaurants I have been on other occasions and stick to what I liked there, but it may become boring after a while
- Benchmark with the price range
- Take the set menu, always a good one for lunch, prices are very very good at lunch, you can get a full lunch for 1000Yens
And I learn every day of course so more to come